Monday, January 31, 2011

Lovely ladies


This afternoon I had lunch with some old secondary schoolmates. It was great catching up and gossiping with the ladies! It's refreshing just to have a conversation with peers, as opposed to whining kids 10 yrs and below!! :)

Since the children are now older, I have more time and energy to socialize. It used to be that I was so tired from work and kids, that I couldn't be bothered to make all that effort to go out and make small talk!! Sleep was a far more precious commodity!! So for years, I barely kept in touch with old schoolmates.

Anyway, thanks to Facebook, I have been able to keep track of friends and at least know what is going on, like who is where, who got married and who got pregnant... etc. A lot of people are against Facebook, they think it is an invasion of privacy. I, on the other hand think it is such an amazing tool which keeps us in touch with friends and family. It all just depends on how you use it. There are many privacy settings which you can change to make it more private and whether you post anything or not is entirely up to you. I think that the benefits definitely outweigh the cons.

It was through Facebook that I organized this lunch and got to see friends whom we rarely see now in our hectic lives and some who have come back from afar for Chinese New Year. At least with Facebook, I feel more socially connected and less like I'm walled up in my own little claustrophobic world (invaded with the same whiny kids 10yrs and below)!! :)

So three cheers to Mark Zuckerberg, I say!
Related Posts with Thumbnails