Monday, January 24, 2011

CNY food again...

Yes, food... again...

I'm planning on what to contribute to the "Sa Chap Meh" (Chinese New Year's Eve) celebration.

It is a tradition that families reunite on Chinese New Year's Eve to celebrate and usher in the new lunar year. So every year we have lunch at my dad's house, followed by dinner at Hubby's parent's home. On Christmas Eve, it's the other way round, we have lunch at Hubby's parent's home and then dinner at my dad's. (It used to be cause we would celebrate Mum and Dad's anniversary. They  got married on Christmas Eve.) Anyway, that's a fair and square arrangement I'd say... :)

So far I'm thinking (subject to change) of these dishes:


Ngoh hiang: five-spiced pork roll

Dongpo Rou: sinful braised pork belly (found the recipe and seems to be quite simple...)


Tea smoked duck... this one I'll just order from the restaurant...

So now I'll have to do some recipe research and make a shopping list. Then it's 'off to market' tomorrow...
Related Posts with Thumbnails