Friday, January 21, 2011

Chinese New Year goodies!!

I seem to be thinking about Chinese New Year food today... Chinese New Year is only 2 weeks away, so I'm making a mental list of the things I still need to get in terms of food, food and more food!!

Even though we will not be having guests over this year, I still have to stock up the house with junk food and soft drinks! Otherwise it's not Chinese New Year! One simply must eat until they feel like throwing up and drink until they have Coke coming out of their noses!! It's a requirement!! It's tradition!! :)

So anyway, so far I have:
  • pistachio nuts (correction, had... Hubby finished them already... okay, maybe I helped a little...)
  • cashew nuts
  • cuttlefish
  • sugee cookies
  • kuih momo
  • cornflake cookies
  • cashew nut cookies
  • egg rolls
  • root beer
I'm sure there's some more stuff I've been squirreling away which I can't remember right now...

Anyway, I've also ordered yummy pineapple jam tarts from the Aunty next door to my shop (like two weeks ago!!)!


Well, since we are talking about Chinese New Year food, I'll tell you the food/drinks that instantly take me back to Chinese New Years of my childhood; ...keropok with acar, and Shandy!! :)
*happiness*

What are yours???


P/S: I tried the new purple Shandy and it's not as good
Related Posts with Thumbnails