Friday, January 28, 2011

Stressed...

Yay! Hubby's coming back tomorrow....
It's been a rough and busy week.
Life is always sweeter when your partner is near. They don't even have to do anything, just being around makes a difference.

Well, at least it's a FRIDAY!! But actually that doesn't make much of a difference to me, weekends are packed with ballet, Taekwondo and piano classes, and the shop is still open.

But we are closed on Sundays! Yes, we can always count on the 'day of rest', the 'Sabbath day'! A day when we can just chill, at the end of a hectic week, and gather back our bits of straying sanity...

I appreciate my mum even more right now! How did she ever manage 6 kids!! All the time management and co-ordination and driving up and down to school and activities, buying groceries to feed an army, and working on top of it all!! I only have 4 kids and a very flexible job and already I'm complaining...

Well, actually the real reason I'm so stressed is I did a really, really stupid thing today. I was rushing about as usual but today there was an added stress factor. I had to pick up Kung Kung from the airport at 5pm, and anyone who knows Kung Kung knows he has a way of making you stressed out without saying a word! :)

So at 3:40pm I picked up Annie from school and brought her and Claire for Kumon class... then I rushed out to buy a present for Annie's BFF, Samantha who was having a dinner party that night. So at 4:45pm I asked that Annie be excused early from class cause I had to go to the airport. (it didn't help that traffic was horrendous today, rush hour plus CNY last minute rush?)

Then I had to get Annie back to school to meet up with Sis no.2 (who was there watching Amanda's sports practice) so she could follow them home and freshen up, then go to the party together with Cousin Amanda.

When we got to school, I was planning to turn in and drop Annie off, but it was already 5pm and moreover the cars were not moving and we were stuck right in front of the exit gate of the school. So this was where I experienced a sudden lapse of better judgement and told Annie she could get down from where we were.

So Annie opened the door without looking first, and "BAM!!" a motorcycle rammed into the open car door! Thank God Annie was still in the car! Geez... It was all my fault, the poor guy on the motorcycle also almost 'peng' (fell)!

*sigh* I'm just so happy Annie was okay and then I went down to see if the motorcyclist was alright. He said he hit his leg and there were just scratches on his bike. He asked for RM50 and of course I paid him, the poor guy!

I feel like such an awful mum... awful, and awfully stupid...


So the car door doesn't close very well now and the ever-efficient Kung Kung has already taken it off my hands and given me his car to drive.

(Girl, the cover story for the benefit of the older generation is that a motorcycle hit me coming out from the school okay?! I'm sooo not in the mood to listen to nagging right now!! Thank you for not reporting!! :))


*sigh*

So the moral of the story is, relax and do things slow and steadily, even if you are late. Rushing about like a headless chicken will only attract negative energy... I. will. try. to remember that...

Also, my kids will never ever be allowed on a motorcycle! Motorcycles seem to have this knack of appearing out of thin air, especially in front of you at roundabouts!!


Also.. will someone please invent a rubber car??
Related Posts with Thumbnails