Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Letter of resignation

Dear Minister of Finance a.k.a. Hubby,

Letter of resignation.

Of late, your children nos. 2, 3 and 4 have been demanding a lot of attention. First, there was the Swine Flu Disaster, which just about drained the life out of me. And now, not three weeks later, after child no.2 has just recovered from yet another bout of fever and sore throat, children nos. 3 and 4 have decided to follow suit. This high temperature situation has caused me much emotional stress, not to mention the physical exhaustion resulting from sleepless night shifts.

Due to this sudden and prolonged increase in workload and the lack of supporting staff (only one at the moment), I am, in my own highly-esteemed medical opinion, on the verge of depression and/or psychosis, whichever comes first. In other words; Supermum has exhausted her super powers. I have therefore decided, in the interest of my well-being, to tender my notice of resignation from the post of Supermum.

I might however, be willing to reconsider if presented with some incentive packages. I have herewith so generously enclosed a list of ideas for your perusal:

1. annual 12D/10N holidays (preferably with scuba diving options) (oh yes, also, sans kids)
2. weekly spa sessions (full body massages compulsory)
3. weekly off-days (inclusive of ample shopping allowance please)
4. or, in lieu of the above options, jewelry of equal or exceeding value is always most welcome. (I accept all precious metals and gemstones)

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your favourable reply.

Yours truly,
Minister of Home Affairs a.k.a. Supermum
Related Posts with Thumbnails