Monday, August 17, 2009

Japanese World War II ship wreck

The whole gang.


Saturday I went for my first wreck dive. According to our diving instructor, it was a Japanese World War II warship named Katori Maru. It sank in 1941 and is a good wreck dive site because it is not too far off the coast and is in pretty shallow waters; 20+ m deep.

Love it when hubby 'spoils' me :)


The ship was a grand sight because of it's enormous size. Most of the time I did not know which part of the ship I was looking at though! Added to that, there was plenty of sea life that had declared the wreck their home, so there was lots to see. Unfortunately, the visibility was not so good. Coupled with the fact that during the second dive, an angry storm started while we were under; it was too dark and blur to take good photos.

So, here I 'stole' some photos which our diving instructor posted on Facebook:


The bow of the ship.


Scary sky...


Anyway, I hope we get a chance to return to the wreck during better weather. I would love to take some nice photos there.

Oh yes, and Sis no.2 and 3 went out on Sunday. Sis no.3 has passed.. Hooray! and Sis no.2 is halfway there...
Related Posts with Thumbnails