Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Listen to the rythm of the falling rain...

Telling me just what a fool I've been... *ding dong.. ding dong...* (how else can you spell that sound... hmm??!!)

I wish that it would go and let me cry in vain.... and let me be alone again....

Well, it rained the whole night last night... and I mean by the buckets, not just drizzles...

So one of my staff called me this morning to tell me she's flooded in and can't get to work. It happens every year (she lives in Bau)! Come Chinese New Year, flash floods will be common occurrences. 

There was one year when Hubby had to wade through waist-high flood waters to reach his aunt's house to help them move their furniture to safer heights! That year, some houses had their whole ground floor submerged! Scary...

Hubby says, we're lucky we live on the 11th floor!!! Hahahaha...

As I'm typing away, it's still raining!! With no signs of it letting up! *sigh* Getting up for school wasn't easy this morning and everyone's in a lazy mood. Wouldn't it be nice to stay home and bake cookies or something? :)

The reality however, is filled with work, school, tuition and errands... so nope, no cookies...


Oh yes... FYI, an Air Asia plane skidded on the runway while landing, amidst heavy rain, at Kuching International Airport last night. It's wheels are stuck in the mud, so the plane is smack on the runway, preventing other planes from landing or taking off.

Luckily there were no casualties, but I think I'll stick to MAS whenever possible, thankyouverymuch...

Related Posts with Thumbnails