Saturday, October 31, 2009

Attack of the mini ghosts and goblins...



Last night, a band of mini ghosts and ghouls of all sorts descended upon us! They were accompanied by an assortment of fairies and princesses!

We were at the Sarawak Club's children Halloween party :P



Solomon wore the cute hand-me-down bee suit which was missing an antenna. I spent ages making the girls' witch costumes. Annie made the hats (or rather conned her aunty and my staff into making them...)! We made papier mache pumpkin goodie baskets with black ribbon handles. I bought cheap black cloth and cut a slit in the middle to put their heads through, then tied a ribbon at the waist.



For the brooms, I had to pick up dried palm leaves from the outside of someone else's house! Then I tied them to broomsticks. The hair is made of orange wool and taped to the inside of the hats. The toe socks I found were wonderfully cheap, RM4.50 a pair. I was worried that they were too big for Claire and Eva, but it turned out to be for the better, they now had oversized striped feet! How cute!

Anyway, it was worth it when Annie won second place for the best costume. Claire however, refused to wear her hat, or carry the broom and basket during the parade. Eva was excited and paraded all by herself and even joined the screaming competition! Only her scream was just a fraction of what she is usually capable of at home!



Hubby ran away to the swimming pool because all the screaming was giving him a headache! He asked me how I could stand all the noise and I told him I do it everyday!!!

There were also other games like the keropok-eating, mummy-wrapping and also hair-tying which Annie and her friend Samantha won.

The kids had a blast and I presume they'll want to attend again next year! Fine by me, but I'm worn out from costume-making, so it'll just be white bedsheets with 2 holes each!

The night's loot! 'The Diet' was put on hold for awhile...


Happy Halloween!
Related Posts with Thumbnails