Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crashed the Batmobile...


Supermum crashed the Batmobile.

What? Wrong superhero? Whatever...

Anyway, yesterday I rammed a car while trying to turn out onto the bigger road at a T-junction! I totally didn't see it coming. So here are my excuses:

1. Kids no.2 and 3 were fighting in the car over some mango pudding I made the day before.

2. Some @#*% had parked his big fat car on the side of the main road, blocking part of my view of oncoming cars!

Yes, it's all their fault, not mine, no, not with my terrific driving skills!
(Just don't ask me to parallel park!)


3. We all have a blind spot on our retina! Scientific fact okay? So there!



Well anyway, the poor guy was happily driving down the straight road when this crazy lady rammed the side of his car! *sigh*

I bashed the corner of my car and dented both his doors! So I had to go to the police station to make a report and get fined RM300! All the hassle, and now I have to deal with insurance companies. When it comes to getting money out of insurance companies, you'll have more luck getting a constipated geriatric patient to pass motion (excuse the metaphor, can't think of a nice one for insurance companies)!

I felt like a criminal giving a confession at the police station; Yes it was me, I did it! It was all me, nobody else! I'm the evil, crazy woman! Lock me up and throw away the key! *sob, sob*

I guess the important thing is we were all okay. Kids no. 2, 3 and 4 were in the car with me, so I'm glad it was nothing too serious.

You can bet I super-nagged the kids about 'sitting down and keeping quiet in the car'! They didn't seem too repentant though, Claire was so excited to ask my shop staff, "Do you see anything different with my mum's car?" (yeah, you mean, like that big huge hole?)

So, it was a pretty crummy day, but the day was not over! No Siree! It turned to downright bizarre that night.

I was halfway to Dreamland at around 11pm last night, when I heard scratching and squeaking noises coming from the corner of my room, under a small table. Crap, the condo had rat infestation problems?

Great.

I was now stranded on my bed. I wanted to switch on the light so that maybe the rat would get scared and run away? But knowing these horrible creepy crawly creatures, it would most probably run up my leg instead!

So I waited, maybe the rat would just run off on its own. It wasn't like rats to stay in the open for so long. So I waited... more scratching... and waited... more squeaking...

This was getting strange. The rat was still there. I caught a glimpse of something black scrambling about. It still wasn't going anywhere. What could I do? Solomon was sleeping on the floor of my room. I couldn't just let a cocky rat roam about my room.

Just then, the 'rat' flew out of my room into the dining room! It was a BAT!!! Jeez... talk about creepy! I was half-expecting it to turn into Count Dracula and wish me Happy Halloween!

The little guy was disorientated and scrambling about on the floor. So, SUPERMUM came to save the day by yelling at her bedroom door for Sidekick! hehehe...

Sidekick was creeped out as well, but at least she wasn't frozen by the bedroom door. She covered the bat with the dustbin lid and just to be sure, covered that with a rug. Hooray for Sidekick!

Super Grandpa got rid of the bat this morning. Thank goodness.

Talk about a weird day. If this is what "adventure" entails, count me out. I'd much prefer my old boring, predictable life back, thankyouverymuch!
Related Posts with Thumbnails