Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goodness gracious, Great balls of fibre...



I have renewed my resolution to get the kids to eat healthier. I've been slacking lately and cookies, chips and buns have been stealthily replacing fruits and vegetables. The closest thing to vegetables that Kid no.3 eats now is tomato sauce!

I'm hoping that there's at least some traces of lycopene left in tomato sauce... It should count as one serving of veg, don't you think? Maybe someone should invent broccoli sauce while we're at it! :)




Anyway, I tried to think of a way to make eating fruits fun, so I got a melon baller and bought some honeydew and watermelon. Then I let the kids make their own melon balls to bring to school. They had fun making them and decided that they were yummy too! It didn't matter that most of the melon 'balls' weren't exactly round...




I'm so glad this worked out. I can still remember way back when I was on another one of my 'fruits and veg' campaigns; Kid no.2 cried in the car on the way to school when she opened up her container for routine inspection and found... papaya!

*sigh* I don't blame her, I think I might have done the same had I been in her shoes!

So anyway, now I have to think of ways to make vegetables fun.

Vegetables... fun?

A definite oxymoron if ever I saw one. Cucumber balls anyone??

Related Posts with Thumbnails