Saturday, October 10, 2009

Early birthday


Hubby just made my day! He really knows the way to my heart! He won't be able to come back from Bintulu for my birthday tomorrow, so he sent 2 dozen roses instead! I would have preferred it if he came back, because we all miss him, but I don't mind the roses either, if you know what I mean :)




Hubby knows I love flowers and I will find any excuse to buy fresh flowers. These red roses are just gorgeous! It's such a humungous bouquet, I don't know where to put it! I might dismantle it and put them in a few vases at home. We'll see...

Thanks for the roses darling!

As an early birthday treat to myself, I came to work at 2pm today! I thought ,"Sod the shop (for half a day at least)"! The kids are spending the day at Grandad's, so I decided to stay home to bake and get the baking bug out of me.

I made roll-out cookies and now I remember why I don't make these often; they're so much tedious work! Remind me this the next time I start dreaming about baking cookies okay? Well, at least I got it out of my system and although I only ended up with 10 pieces of completely decorated cookies, they were quite pretty. Not worth all the work though, I think. Cupcakes are much easier.

Related Posts with Thumbnails