Monday, November 9, 2009

Crashing the party



On Saturday night our diving instructor, Edward, celebrated his birthday at his scuba shop. I 'borrowed' cousins Michelle and Allyson to come over and have a pyjama party with the kids so that we could escape! I supplied plenty of 'incentives' like fizzy drinks and packets of 'keropok'! At times like these, I'm glad I control their intake of junk food during normal times, because they were so excited that they kept hurrying us to leave so they could start their own party!

So anyway, our party was like any other barbecue party with good food and good company... that is, until the psychiatric ward fugitives broke out the water balloons! :P

Sis nos. 2 and 3 and friend Jinny spent the whole afternoon filling and tying 100 water balloons each! That made a total of 300 water balloons hidden in 3 separate cars, waiting for action!

The initial idea was to ambush Birthday Boy only, but with such an abundance of ammunition, it quickly escalated into an all out war! Most of the guests hid inside to avoid being bombed either intentionally or accidentally in crossfire! Even the peaceful barbecue chef was not spared!




Thank goodness I had a spy; Annie spent the afternoon at Sis no.3's place and told me they were preparing water balloons for that night! Thus Hubby and I went prepared with a change of clothes! Hehehe...

Anyway, it was a fun night. I haven't run along the roadside screaming and laughing my head off since I was a kid! There were however, some people who were not happy to have been bombed, or stranded inside the shop while the armed maniacs were stalking about outside! I guess we should have informed them to bring a change of clothes, or at least given them a bucket of balloons for a fair fight! But as I said, the balloons were initially meant for Birthday Boy alone! Even Sis no.2, a bomber herself, did not bring an extra set of clothes!


Happy (most of us anyway) and drenched...


It was a potluck party, so obviously I brought a cake... with Birthday Boy sitting on top.

Photos by Ben Lau, taken from Facebook.
(My camera is at hospital... I broke the LCD display!)
Related Posts with Thumbnails