Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Toddler talk


I like eaves-dropping on my kids' conversations. They give you a peek into their minds, to see how they view the world. It can be hilarious sometimes. Especially Claire and Eva, at their age (2+ and 3+), there are a lot of things they have yet to comprehend and at times they fill in the gaps with their own 'theories'! Other times, it's just plain funny nonsense.

This morning, in the car on the way to school:
Claire (reciting a rhyme learnt from school): 1, 2, 3, My mummy is making a dress for me, 1, 2, 3, Sew, sew, sew...
Eva: Where leh?!
Claire: Pretend only la.
Eva: Oh...
(yes, mummy can only sew buttons...)

I realise I must be over-doing the preaching of the virtues of fruits and vegetables:
Eva: Can we go swimming?
Dad: No, it's too hot.
Eva: Never mind, I eat a lot of carrots!
(must've made them think carrots are the magic food that makes you immune to anything under the sun, including the sun!)

Claire and I were on the topic of death again:
Claire: When they die, their eyes close, but they can still see?
Mum: Yes, when we die, we go to heaven and everyone can see in heaven.
Claire: Because they eat a lot of carrots?
Mum: Erm... yeah....
(Tip: "Yeah" works better than "I don't know" when you're running out of ideas... they just refuse to accept "I don't know" and will "why?" you until you surrender!)
Related Posts with Thumbnails