Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Essay competition


Annie was ecstatic that she got second place for her class' essay competition. She proudly showed me her masterpiece displayed on the school notice board yesterday.

Here's the essay:

My Unforgettable Day by Annie Ng

Last Easter, I went to my cousin's house to make Easter Eggs for the children in the church. On that day, we helped our mothers to boil the eggs. Even our younger brother and sisters also helped us. We had fun time together. We boiled 390 eggs altogether. Later, we painted the eggs.

The first step was using candles to draw the eggs. The second step was to put vinegar into the colouring. We gently put dipped the eggs in the food colouring. After a few minutes, the shell of the egg will turn into the colour where we dipped the eggs. We also wrapped some sweets for the children.

When we were at the church, we gave out our eggs and sweets to the children. When the children got them, they were so happy. I felt very proud of myself. That is why I never forget this day.
Related Posts with Thumbnails