Monday, May 18, 2009

Annie's 8th birthday party


We celebrated Annie's 8th birthday, Friday evening at our condominium poolside. She invited all her classmates and of course the cousins, aunties, uncles and grandparents. *There were also some uninvited children who, when they thought no one was looking, took a sausage or two each time they walked pass the buffet table. (hahaha.. yes!- *Sis no.2 just added that in)


I initially had in mind a few games for the kids to play. I had it all planned out: Simon Says, Balloon Blowing, Treasure Hunt, The Haha game, e.t.c... with prizes lined up for the respective winners. However, after the chaos of the first game, the Treasure Hunt, I decided to preserve my sanity and just let them loose at the pool instead! (which suited them just fine anyway)


We had pre-ordered some food from the cafe, and also barbecued some sausages, fish balls, chicken wings and lamb chops. Hubby was in charge of the grill; he has an affinity towards lighters, fire propellant and most flammables! :) I however, had the intricate job of managing the 20-30 odd frenzied kids and ensuring everyone stayed in one piece!


After the kids had expended some of their superfluous energy messing around in the pool, it was time to sing the Birthday Song and cut the cake. I made the cake myself, so I forgot to buy birthday candles, as they usually come along free with the cakes that you purchase. Sis no.2 saved the day and bought some cool sparkly candles which I stuck in along with the normal ones which dad brought. If we had used 8 of those sparkly ones, I think the cake might have melted into a puddle, if not bursting into flames first!


The party wound down and parents came to claim their offspring. Annie and cousins went upstairs to play and open her many presents! So the adults could finally relax a bit, have their dinner and chit chat in peace and glorious quiet.



I'm glad Annie and all the kids had a blast, and I'm 'even more gladder' that birthdays only come once a year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails