Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day

Sunday was Mother's Day. I had a good lie in and woke up way past 10am. I was so knackered from diving the day before. I made an easy lunch (mee sua with chicken soup) and packed Annie off for her ballet class. After class, hubby and I brought kids 1, 2 and 3 to Hock Lee Centre to play the bumper cars and feed money into those impossible 'pick-a-toy' machines!


After that we went to Sis no.2's house and all the girls had fun hosing down the patio and taking an alfresco bath!


This is my Mother's Day bounty...


Annie bought me the paper rose from some kid in school for RM3. She was very excited that the girl had given her another one for 'free'. Then she added that the girl had instructed her to pay another RM3 on Monday! I had to explain to her that that meant it wasn't free, and she had most probably been conned into buying 2! :) She was rather disappointed, so I told her it was okay and she needed one to give to Grandma anyway.

So, since it was Mother's Day and we were entitled to not cook, Sis no.3 and I arranged for dinner at the condo's poolside cafe with dad. We had the deliciously fresh fishes that hubby 'caught' from the dive the day before.


This is the cake I made on Saturday night for the kids to bring to Grandma's house, for Mother's Day. It's my very first fondant cake. I had to wait till all the kids went to sleep before I could start working on it. Otherwise, they would all want to 'help' me (see below), and I wouldn't be able to get anything done. I only finished at around 1:30am. I think that was why I was so tired the next day, after the dive.


I made a chocolate brownie cake and iced and filled it with chocolate ganache. I made the fondant and tinted some of it yellow. Then I covered the cake with yellow fondant and made white daisies to stick on. There were some tears and holes, but you can't see them from this angle! Heheh.. clever me...


I'm a sucker for flowers as well and bought some carnations and lillies for mum-in-law and also for the altar at dad's house. Mum loved flowers too and always made sure there were flowers at the altar.

So, that was Mother's Day. Hope you all had a good one too!
Related Posts with Thumbnails