Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shopping...

So, yesterday morning I went to The Spring shopping mall to get this:


and came back with these...


Eheh... allow me to explain.

At the supermarket, I avoided the cookies section... for obvious reasons, and made the wrong decision to walk down the baking aisle! The Betty Crocker cake and muffin mixes were going for RM7.50 which was very reasonable. I thought of all the time I could save using a mix instead of starting from scratch. I'll be making some muffins for Teacher's Day for the kids to bring to school, so I could now save money and save time! Wonderful! So I got 2 boxes each of choc chip muffins and banana walnut muffins and a box of carrot cake mix just because I like carrot cake.

See the boxes of pizza base mix? They were going for 99 sen! (expiring 12.05.09, but hey, worst is get diarrhoea... hahaha! Should be ok for a while kept in the fridge.) All you have to do is add water and it even comes with a packet of pizza sauce!! Enough said. (got 4 boxes for Sis no.2 as well!)

Alright, the clothes.

I was a bit early at the mall, and Ta Kiong, the supermarket was not yet open. So, I walked around and found (unfortunately for my credit card) that F.O.S. was...

I thought, you know, since I was there, I might as well look out for a new blouse for Annie to wear for her birthday party this Friday. Then I saw this pretty flowery number. It was only RM25. And guess what... Buy 1 Free 1!! So, of course I had to pick out another one... free ma! I picked the ribbony one for Claire.

So now, what about Eva? It wouldn't be fair to buy one for nos.1 and 2 and leave no.3 out. Right on the next rack was this gorgeous Mary Kate & Ashley blouse, just the right size for Eva, staring at me. Rm15. Buy lah... What to do?

Get this; RM10 for a pair of shorts and Buy 1 Free 1 also! Which means, RM5 each!! I get a high from good bargains! Moreover, I needed shorts for my diving trips. Who in the right mind wouldn't buy these?

Now we come to the 'splurge'. I have a 'Little Miss' t-shirt collection, so I just had to buy Little Miss Lucky simply because I don't have it!!! It wasn't on sale, RM33, so I only bought Little Miss Lucky, even though I saw a pink Little Miss Giggles, which I also do not have. That way I wouldn't feel so guilty for spending so much money. Hey, I sacrificed Little Miss Giggles okay? (but I have this sneaky feeling I'll be back for her sometime this week...)

This is part of my collection...


So, as you will no doubt agree with me now; I had totally no other choice whatsoever but to buy all these things!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails