Monday, September 5, 2011

Holiday over

Well, we just had a one week school holiday which coincided with the Hari Raya and National Day festivities. We took a trip to the beach and it was lots of fun. Will write about it when I can find the time to organize the photos.

Now it's back to the rat race, and things are pretty crazy hectic right now. Firstly, Sidekick left, after about a month (wasn't very sure about her and in the end she herself didn't want to continue)... and one of my pharmacy staff is leaving on short notice...

Then, I had a revelation. Why should I rush about like a headless chicken, day in and day out. Getting frustrated at slow-poke cashiers at the supermarket and always nagging at the kids to move faster!! I'm forever looking at my watch and counting the minutes, not to mention the frequent car accidents I get myself into!!

I was also inspired by Sis no.4, who just left a long, good-paying career, and of course Sis no.2 who has been full-time mummy for a while. I too want to join the Housewives Club!! I want to have more time for the kids and myself. More importantly, I want to have quality time, and be a happier mummy, not a stressed-out, forever-shouting one!

So this means.... yes, close shop. It's kinda sad, cos the shop has been like a second home to me for 8 years! Also it would seem like a waste of my education, so maybe I might still use my licence for wholesale jobs. Then maybe make cakes on the side... who knows...  I will miss the shop though, but not the stress and the occasional lousy worker and idiot customer!! Hahaha...

I only mentioned the idea of this to Hubby, and he fully agreed and as is his style, he wants to close as soon as possible!! I was thinking like maybe a year or two to slowly let go?? Hahahaha..

Well, we'll see what happens next. First I have to pick up a new Sidekick later, then do a stock check tomorrow... then advertise some more to find a replacement  for my staff... Busy, busy...

What's going to happen?? I'm not too sure yet... but it's kinda scary and exciting :) We have to embrace change, otherwise get stuck in a rut and live a boring life eh??!

So, here's to change!
Related Posts with Thumbnails