Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Super virus

Sick...

It started with Solomon, he got a fever for a couple of days, then got better for a day, then got sick again for another 2 days!

Then Annie started complaining of a headache and this was followed by a high temperature. She was complaining about body aches and pains, and initially I thought it was from her PE and Tae Kwon Doe and ballet...

Well, Annie is back in school today, while the virus has passed on to me, starting yesterday! Now I understand the pain they were in! It started with an awful, splitting headache, then the fever and aches came. All my joints were aching, even my finger joints! Even my butt was sore!!

Now Sidekick has it too and is sleeping away as I write... I don't blame her, it's no fun at all. It's a pretty strong virus, but luckily passes fast. At least I'm better today. I just totally crashed yesterday and let the kids skip their extra classes, as I could no longer function!

I think it was because of the fact that I wasn't feeling well, that I forgot to pick up Solomon yesterday! Annie was with me, since she was on MC, so maybe that made me feel that nothing was missing? As Solomon is usually the one tagging along with me!

Anyway, I went to pick up Claire and Eva and only then did I realize Solomon was still at school!! I usually pick him up first, but he hadn't been to school the past few days on account of him being sick, so I totally forgot!!!

I felt like such an awful mum and quickly called the school to let them know I would be late. I asked them if he was okay and the teacher said he was fine, just sitting there with his bag!

In the end, I got there almost an hour later than the usual time! But he was happy and oblivious to the fact that his mum was a scatterbrain! I was the one feeling so bad!!

This reminds me of the time I told the kids about how my mum and dad forgot me when I was in kindy. I was only 3 or 4 and just started school I think. I can't recall this incident, but my parents told me about it.

Well, anyway, mum and dad both thought the other was going to pick me up after school I think. Dad was playing golf and mum was at the salon. In the end the principal, Mrs. Ong (I'll always remember her playing the piano while we sang, with her long nails clickety-clacking away...) sent me home! Did I give her directions? I'm not sure...

The part of the story which caught the kids' attention most, was the part where I told them that there were no hand phones then, so we couldn't contact my mum or dad!! They were shocked! :)

Now I'm wondering what happened to my sister. She's 3 years older than me and was at the same school... So how come she wasn't with me then?

Hmmm.... will have to interrogate dad...


Related Posts with Thumbnails