Thursday, August 4, 2011

A song of Ice and Fire


I've been waiting for ages for this book! I think 6 years! It's the 5th book of a series of 7 books called "A song of Ice and Fire". The author, George R.R. Martin kept postponing book launches and made all his fans go crazy!

I kept going to his website to check on the progress. Fans were bugging him to get the book done and he released some chapters to tide us over for a while. Then there were two false alarms, where dates were already set and I had even pre-booked the book on Amazon! After a few years, I just kind of lost hope and forgot about the book!


Then I heard the news that HBO had made the first book, "A Game of Thrones" into a series! I found in online and watched episodes on end and got hooked again! The show was excellent and I can't wait till the next series.

Anyway, the 5th book finally came out for real this month. If you go to George R. R. Martin's website, there is just a huge "DONE!" on it! :) Well, I called my local bookstore and made sure they would call me when the stock arrived and to reserve one for me just in case!

I've just begun reading it, and I find there are a lot of details I have forgotten from the previous books. But I'm too excited to find out what will happen next, so I won't be revising the old books just yet. George R. R. Martin, is amazing, his book is so extremely complex that I have to keep referring to the appendixes; the family trees and maps! It's almost like studying history! The history of a mind-blowing fantasy realm, filled with Kings & Queens and knights & dragons!

Well, I have a cake order and also Eva and Solomon's birthday cakes to do in the next few days, so I'll have to try and put the books aside for the meantime! Can't wait to dive back into Westeros!

Related Posts with Thumbnails