Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eva's first Tooth Fairy payout

2 teeth = RM10 x 2 = Tooth Fairy getting broke...

I forgot to mention that Eva got her first Tooth Fairy payout a couple of months ago.

There was a slight problem though. Her two front, bottom teeth were still very much intact, but I spied two permanent teeth starting to sprout out behind the two milk teeth. I decided to wait and see if the milk teeth would come out in their own time.

However, after a few weeks, the baby teeth were still very sturdy and the permanent teeth were getting bigger, and not having enough space to grow, they were growing more and more crooked! What strong, stubborn milk teeth! :)

Now I, like most of my sisters have been 'blessed' with ginormous teeth, so we have been through the two-year torture of orthodontic braces. I had to have four, yes four, perfectly good teeth wrenched out of my jaw bone! (ai sui mai mia... so they say...)

So, I was very worried that if Eva's baby teeth did not drop out to make way for the permanent ones, she would end up having to use braces in the future! When I called the dentist, he said to just wait. After waiting another week, I just decided to bring her to the dentist to have a look.

The dentist said we could wait some more, but since we were there, he could just pull the milk teeth out, cause they were already a bit shaky, and there might be some pain and discomfort later if the teeth still do not come out. But, pulling out teeth would be plenty pain and discomfort eh??

So anyway, we decided to pull! Eva was very brave. I think mostly because she was not expecting to have her teeth pulled, as I told her we were just going to let the dentist have a look. So when I told her the dentist was going to do  the extraction, she didn't have much time to digest the information. She did cry a bit before and after, but on the whole was very, extremely brave!!

That night she got to put her teeth under her pillow! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails