Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brain Scan


Oh ya I came across this photo and remembered that I forgot to mention Annie did a brain CT scan.

Remember the Super virus a couple of weeks ago?? Well, the night before Annie got sick, she knocked her head really hard while getting into the car. By the next night, she was complaining of a bad headache and was also having fever and vomitting! These are the classic symptoms of a brain hemorrhage! Although we were pretty sure it was due to the virus, since we were all sick, one can never be a hundred percent sure.

Cousin Timothy, Benedict, Ethan and also Allyson I think have all done brain scans after serious falls! Timothy was admitted because there was some bleeding, but luckily it was not severe and the bleeding subsided on it's own! If I'm not mistaken, Allyson had a hairline fracture... I think...

So, for peace of mind, Hubby made sure we did a brain scan to rule out brain hemorrhage, even though the MO at the A&E and the paediatrician a few days before that told us there was nothing to worry about. I was worried as well, because Annie seemed to be in great pain. The thing is I cannot gauge the severity of her pain very well, as she has a very low pain threshold. But she was in near constant pain for a few days!

You see, Hubby had a best friend in primary school who passed away a few days after playing rough with some other boys. The exact cause was not determined, but suspected brain hemorrhage. So, it's kinda scary I guess.

So anyway, the scan showed that everything was normal. I thought it would be an expensive MRI scan, but it was a simpler CT scan which cost RM300+. It's a good thing we did it, cause after that Annie's headaches got worse and she was still vomitting! So at least I didn't have to worry until my brain hemorrhaged!

Sis no.2 and kids later got the same virus (eheh.. sorry...) and confirmed that the headaches were constant and terrible, even with regular paracetamol!

Luckily everyone is okay now. Unfortunately Sis no.2 and family had to cancel their trip to the beach though.

Anyhoo... isn't that CT scan machine thingy cool?? Looks like a time machine! hahaha...
Related Posts with Thumbnails