Wednesday, March 30, 2011

School Sports Day 2011


Annie's school had their annual sports inter-house meet on Sunday. She has been training hard for her events, the 100m, 200m and the 4x100m relay.

L-R : Giselle, Samantha, Annie and Cousin Allyson.

Her house is Purple house, which consists of the whole of the International School. The National School is much bigger in terms of population, so they are divided into Red, Blue and Yellow house. This year, Purple house trained harder and had training sessions at Jubilee Ground, where the sports meet was to be held. I think this helped a lot, because last year, Annie did not win any medals, and this year she won 3 because she was well-prepared. The Purple house also came in as the overall winner! Well done kids!

Annie got second place for both 100m and 200m. The girl that kept beating her was from the Red house and happens to be the daughter of their Tae Kwon Do instructors. Yup, both mum and dad are black belt!! :) Her team also won the bronze for the relay. Annie is very proud of her medals, and Claire and Eva can't wait to win their own in the future!!

Purple House's 4x100m relay team


Well anyway, we were in the car one day when Annie asked me:

Annie: What house was Uncle Polycarp in Mummy?

Mummy: Uncle Polycarp was in the Yellow House I think. (Captain some more)

Annie: Oh...

Mummy: I was in the Green House when I was in your school (now obsolete... no more Green House)

Claire: What house is Annie from?

Annie: I am from Purple House.

Claire: No! You are not from Purple House. You are from Grey House!

 
???


Mummy: Why is Annie from Grey  House?

Claire: Because our condominium is grey, so she's from Grey House!!


Aaaaaaahhhhh......

:)

P/S: I didn't get any pictures of Annie running, cause I missed every event!! I went to Jubilee Ground three times during the meet, cause I had to leave to send the younger ones for ballet, e.t.c.. and every time I got back to the track, I had just missed Annie's event!!

But at least Kung Kung Paul and Uncle Polycarp and Daphne Jie Jie were there for some of her events. Cousin Allyson and Amanda were also there the whole time to cheer them on! Annie is lucky to have so many supporters!

Related Posts with Thumbnails