Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another hybdrid word

So you know how Claire unknowingly comes up with cool words which combine two words of similar meaning? Let me show you this old post to get you up to date:

(from 25th July 2009)




Claire has this knack for inventing new words by splicing and merging two words of similar meaning together:

1. plick: (verb) a combination of 'pluck' and 'pick'.
   Eg: Mum, can I plick this flower?

2. splace: (noun) a combination of 'place' and 'space'.
   Eg: Move over!! I have no splace to sit!!

This one took me a while to figure out:

3. backstan: (adverb) a combination of 'backwards' and 'gostan' (a Malaysian slang derived from the English phrase "go astern").
   Eg: Look mum! I can walk backstan!



Today she added a new phrase to the list:

4. spolka-dot: (adjective) a combination of spotted and polka dot!
   Eg: Mum, I've never seen a spolka-dot dog before!
Related Posts with Thumbnails