Monday, November 22, 2010

Foreign tongue

There is an Indian coffee shop next to my shop and the kids love the pink drink called "air bandung", or rose flavoured milk. So there was once Annie wanted to order a glass and I said she could if she went and asked for it herself. So she asked me what the drink is called and I told her:

Mum: Air bandung 

After a while, she forgot what I said and asked again 

Annie: what was it again mum? Air kosong? * 

Mum: Okay, you go and try ordering  air kosong and see what you get! :) 

* plain water



Yesterday, we were in the car and Annie said she wanted Kung Kung to buy the pao (steamed bun) with the red meat filling. She wanted to know what it was called so she could tell Kung Kung.

Annie: What is the pao with the red meat inside called? 

Mum: Char sio pao 

Annie: Oh, okay. 

After a while she asked again. 

Annie: What was it again? Chao tar pao?** 

Mum no reply... too busy laughing!!

** burnt bun
Related Posts with Thumbnails