Thursday, November 4, 2010

Diaper cake


I made this diaper cake yesterday for hubby to give to someone who just had a baby girl. I've been making diaper cakes for fun since I opened shop, which is seven years ago! My, how time flies!

They're called diaper cakes cause they're tiered like wedding cakes and contain diapers on the inside, wrapped with blankets and/or towels on the outside. Then you add in knick knacks like cute teethers and booties as well as bottles of powders and lotions to the sides and the top of the cake.

Safety pins at the back...

I started making diaper cakes after reading an article in an American magazine about the lady who created them. Her creations became famous when a diaper cake was featured in the hit TV series "Sex in the City"! Her creations are so adorable, and I thought it was such a good idea to fill them with disposable diapers which are obviously essential and practical for the new mummy! These are so much cooler and usable than the generic supermarket hamper.

Well, I was happy to have an excuse to go shopping for baby stuff, since I don't have any babies of my own to shop for anymore. That's one of the best parts of having a baby, especially a baby girl, there are so many super cute stuff to buy!!


Just look at those ruby red sequin shoes!! Aren't they simply precious!!?? Reminds me of Dorothy's pair from "The Wizard of Oz"! Except these are little, mini, cutsie wootsie ones!! 

*Awwwwww*

Related Posts with Thumbnails