Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas candle arrangement

 

This is something I did a week ago. Hubby saw a similar arrangement at Green Gallery, a shop near my pharmacy, and he wanted to get it for the house. However, it cost RM200+ and I did not think it was worth that amount at all! (FYI: Hubby is the spendthrift and I'm the kiam siap one!)

So to prove my point, I bought all the things needed to make an arrangement myself, including the lovely gold ceramic vase. And it all came up to only RM85! Case closed.

So here's how to make a simpler one, if you're interested:


Things you'll need:


fake poinsettia flowers(I found some in a wreath form)
sponge for floral arrangements
vase or plastic container
gold baubles
a red candle
wired ribbon in christmassy colours
wire
a pair of scissors
a pair of pliers
a craft knife

1. cut sponge to fit the container

2. Secure flowers onto sponge with lengths of wire bent into a U shape.

 3. twist the end of some wire around a few baubles and stick them into the arrangement, amongst the flowers, in an artistic manner of course! :)

4. cut the ribbon into shorter lengths and fold like so.

5. secure with wire and open up the ribbon loops a little. Stick these into the arrangement as well.

6. Jam the candle into the middle and we're done!

Here's some other stuff I did to the house...




Solomon and Eva (the two shortest ones) decorated the tree. Can you tell?

Related Posts with Thumbnails