Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vampire Schampire...

Annie has a hyperactive imagination. Much like me when I was younger, she is afraid of the dark and imagines monsters and ghouls in open wardrobes! Scary movies are a definite no-no, as they give her nightmares and keep her awake in the night! At the cinema, I even have to warn her of scary movie trailers so she can cover her eyes!

So the other day we were heading home in the car, from a day of playing with the cousins.

As usual, everyone was talking to me at the same time and above the ruckus, I heard Annie asking softly:


Annie: Mummy, do we have lizards in our house?

I did not answer, as I was busy attending to the others, not to mention driving as well!!
So, she asked again:


Annie: Mummy, do we have lizards in our house?

Mum: Yes Annie. Why?

She did not answer me.
I persisted, because I could hear the tone of serious concern in her voice:


Mum: Why Annie?

After some hesitation, she confessed:


Annie: (Cousin) Timothy said that if there are no lizards in your house, it means that there are vampires...


!!!!!




Hahahahaha!!! I was laughing my head off when she added:


Annie: Uncle Polycarp told him one...



Lizards?? Vampires???
Uncle Polycarp???!!! What do you have to say about this???!! Hmmm???
Related Posts with Thumbnails