Thursday, July 7, 2011

post laksa gym frenzy

So Hubby enrolled us into a very nice gym which is just a stone's throw away from home and right next to Solomon's school. Thus eliminating any excuses I have of not going to the gym, e.g: no time, traffic jam, very far, lazy...

He enrolled us around a couple of months ago, but I only started going regularly about 3 weeks ago, after the school holidays. The tragedy that spurred me into action was a petrifying 2kg weight gain over the holidays, after having laksa for breakfast almost everyday!! Sis no.4 is a Sarawak Laksa fan and since it is very rare back in Singapore, we went laksa hunting whenever we could! The Secret Recipe cakes didn't help much either...

By the way, after trying laksa at many different coffee shops, we decided our current favourite is the one at Mei Mei coffee shop at Chong Lin. Yumz...

This one was from Chong Chon, Central Park.. also very good.

Okay, focus... focus... gym...

So, about the gym. I try to go after sending the kids to school in the morning. I aim to hit the gym every weekday morning for at least half an hour. I believe regular short sessions are more beneficial than once in a blue moon marathon sessions. The most important thing is to inculcate the habit. Also, I don't have much time to spare as I never seem to be able to have an empty 'to-do' list...

Right now I'm doing cardio exercises, I usually start out with the bike for 15 minutes, then use the other machines like the steps, treadmill, etc. My favourite is the rowing machine. It's fun!...... for like the first 5 minutes or so, that is...


Anyway, hope I can keep this up!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails