Saturday, February 28, 2009

The mother's dilemma

I'm a bit short-staffed now at the shop, so hubby sent the kids home early last night. Despite their protests and insisting to stay with me, I had to send them off because they were causing such a ruckus at the shop and I couldn't work while shouting at them and refereeing fights at the same time!

So, I had some peace and quiet at work for an hour before going home. For those of you who wish you could quit work and become a full-time housewife, I strongly urge you to reconsider! Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kids, but 24hrs a day can get to be too much.

When you only have precious few hours a day with your kids, you treasure it, so you try to be more patient and make the most of it. When you're with them the whole day, the whining and crying can really get to you. With frayed nerves, you become agitated and snap at them easily. Then you feel guilty and think you're a bad mum. That said, when you're at work the whole day, you also think you're a bad mum for not spending enough time with your kids. The mother's dilemma.

I guess the best situation would be part-time work and part-time housewife? That should make for happier mummies, thus happier kids I think. Thank God for school, is all I can say. Those few peaceful hours in the morning keep my sanity intact.

Anyway, when I got home last night after closing the shop, Annie told me Eva got a marker pen from the kitchen drawer, went to sit on the potty for a poop and was drawing on both her legs. Now she was starting to nod off! Eva has this talent of falling asleep anywhere in any situation! It was hilarious! Her sisters kept laughing at her so she started crying too, in between nodding off. Poor thing! Being the evil mummy that I am, I had to get this on camera. I only had my phone with me though, so this was all I got. Oh ya, also I don't know how to rotate video clips, so sorry for any stiff necks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails