Monday, February 23, 2009

Angels and babies

Annie is sick with fever again. Possibly she didn't fully recover from the last bout and over exerted herself over the weekend. She slept over at her cousin Amanda's house Saturday night and as usual went to sleep real late and woke up on Sunday earlier and happier than on a school day!

Claire (no.2) woke up this morning with a red eye, so no school for her as well. Upon learning about these latest turn of events, Eva (no.3) quickly declared she had a red nose and therefore had to be excused from school also! Since she just goes to play school and learns words like "squareangle", I figured missing school wouldn't be such a big deal. So 'yay', school bus driver mum has a day off today.

It's funny what goes through the minds of children. Hubby's uncle passed away on Friday and I was explaining his death to them. Annie took it quite hard as grandaunt and granduncle took care of her when she was a baby. The smaller ones couldn't quite grasp the concept though. When I told them he had passed away, they asked me what that meant. I told them he had died and Eva asked, "Died? Squash, squash, squash?" Well, you have to excuse her as the only death she has encountered is that of ants and other insects!

Anyway, I told them he had gone to heaven with God. Then they asked me where heaven was and what they had there. I told them it was far, far away and had angels and quickly changed the subject... The questions were getting harder and harder! I'll have to refer them to their uncle, Fr. Richard soon.

Life and death are all part of the cycle of life and children have to learn about it sooner or later I guess. Only days before, they were all excited about the birth of a new cousin. The first one on their dad's side. Little baby Hugh is in Miri, so they can only see his picture for now. He's not so little actually, 3.9kg at birth!

The gift of life is awesome isn't it? It's so amazing to see a baby look like you and in the next second look like your other half. If I wasn't so scared of morning sickness and taking care of kids I'ld have myself a few more! Hahaha.. no I'm not serious...
Related Posts with Thumbnails