Monday, February 16, 2009

I have my own blog!

I have my own blog! I am so proud of myself... only months ago my husband and I were looking high and low for the "hole" in which to stick in the square diskette of yesteryear, on his new laptop... *blush* apparently nobody uses those anymore. "Technologically challenged" might be the politically correct phrase we are looking for here.

So, how did I get here? Initially, the thought of earning money from writing nonsense online, during my free time, was the main trigger. It sounded very appealing indeed! I can write! I have free time! I like money! Who doesn't? But really, I do enjoy writing and I suppose I must have a streak of exhibitionism running through me. So, next problem, how did people do this? I had no idea where to start. Some googling eventually led me here though... so I guess I'm not as daft as I thought I was.

Upon further pondering, blogging seemed more and more attractive. It could help kill some of the boring free time I have between serving customers and even act as a channel to vent my stresses of being a mother of 4 slightly crazed kids! If the everyday madness I'm forced to endure could be put to good use, that would make it much less stressful. Daily disasters and "tests-of-patience" could be viewed as blogging material instead of premature heart attack material.

So, I decided to forge ahead despite my paltry internet knowledge.. the worse case scenario is I get to kill some time and the best case scenario is I earn a fortune from blogging and also become the world's best mom in the process! Muahaha!
Related Posts with Thumbnails