Friday, May 20, 2011

wedding, teacher's day and creme brulee

So I haven't blogged for a while, cause I've been busy being Grumpy Housewife...

I salute all you full-time mothers out there!! 

*kowtow*

This is something I cannot do! Well, can do, but wouldn't want to do... I like a healthy balance of a bit of work, a bit of home, a bit of kids and a bit of social life please... thankyouverymuch...

So anyway, I had a welcome break from housewifing the other night when we let the kids sleepover at Headquarters, a.k.a. Grandad's, for a night, while we went to Hubby's friend's wedding dinner.

Hubby's ex-schoolmate Adrian got married to Christine last Saturday. Hubby went for the wedding ceremony which he described as lovely and very well-organized. (extra points for air-conditioning in the church, in view of this terrible heat spell we are experiencing!). I however, was busy ferrying the kids to Taekwondo classes and Headquarters.

photo taken by Sally

The wedding reception was held that night at Riverside Hotel. Hubby, along with best buddies Kelvin and Alexis were tasked with 'being the groom's liver'! :) Meaning... they went on stage to make the toast and also went around to every table with the wedding entourage to 'yamseng' (toast/ drink themselves silly)!


Hmmm.... what does that say about Hubby and his friends, being singled out for undertakings concerning alcohol?? Hahaha...

Anyway, the dinner was followed by even more drinks and dancing at Backstage. Hubby and I left earlier (cause we had to send some guests home), about the same time the groom left after being incapacitated by a Flaming Lamborghini! The bride is seriously sporting to have let her man go out with his buddies on their wedding night!!

Okay, fast forward to today...

The girls celebrated Teacher's day at school today. They had class parties and school let out earlier. The kids were supposed to bring, I quote, "a dish of home-cooked food to share with their friends".

My kids brought Pringles.

I had no time (read; was not bothered) to make something like sandwiches which the kids would unfailingly bring home again half-uneaten! Pringles never fail... Once you pop, you cannot stop, eh? :)

I did however, make little bouquets of flowers for them to give to their teachers, since I am so sincerely grateful for these fearless warriors whom they call teachers, who take our kids off our hand for hours each day!


Thank you... no, really... THANK YOU!!

And as for creme brulee??

Well, I had it for the first time today, and I never imagined it was so heavenly creamy!! I had always imagined it to be more jelly-custard-like! But oh, the silky creaminess in contrast with the occasional gorgeous crunch of burnt caramel!! I'm in love!!  *dreamy*

*sigh*

Okay, enough for today....
Related Posts with Thumbnails