Monday, May 16, 2011

Sidekick AWOL

So, Sidekick was supposed to come back yesterday. I bought her return air tickets, paid her a full 2 years salary even though she had another 2 months to go, paid for another year's levy and insurance, and she did not turn up!

She was supposed to arrive yesterday afternoon, but we found out that she never boarded the plane from Bandung to KL.

I am very disappointed and angry. She could have just told us she did not want to continue, then I could have prepared and gotten a replacement earlier. Instead, she chose to lie to us and make us wait a whole 2 weeks before we realized she was not returning. And now we have to wait some more, while the maid agents arrange for a replacement. It might take a few more weeks...

Time and again, I am disappointed by these maids. We tend to think too highly of them and they eventually let us down. I never even bothered to check her luggage, as I trusted her and also did not retain part of her salary (usually the amount incurred for the next year's levy) to ensure her return.

*sigh* 

I guess I'll be taking a break from blogging and caking, and even work will have to take a back seat...

So, here's goodbye for now!! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails