Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 5 sans Sidekick

Sidekick has been gone for 5 days now. Good news is; I'm still alive! A little frazzled, but still alive nonetheless!

Well, it's of course more work for me, but it is doable and we all just need to adjust. I cannot pay much attention to the shop now though, so that has to suffer. Something's got to give right?

I am keeping the house clean, cooking meals and attending to the kids, on top of the usual bus driving. However, I draw the line at ironing. I. Hate. Ironing.

Lucky for me, there's a laundromat a few doors down from my shop! :)

I do pray Sidekick will come back, unlike Sis no.2's maid who said she would be back and never returned, even though she agreed to return and Sis no.2 had already paid for her next year's levy!

There is a good side to this whole situation though. I've trained the kids to be more independent. The girls can bathe and change by themselves and even help me with folding the laundry. Annie helps the most by taking care of Solomon and washing the dishes. When Sidekick is around, she is too dependent on her, but now, she is a great help indeed!

Well, that said... I still hope Sidekick comes back soon!!! 10 more days....
Related Posts with Thumbnails