Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Second wedding cake


Remember when I said I would never make a wedding cake again? Well, I did.

An old friend asked me to do the honours and make the cake for her wedding lunch, and me being me, I couldn't say no... :)

So she gave me an idea of what she wanted and also sent me the invitation design. They were going with a 'tribal chic' theme and the colours were red and black.


It is always nerve wracking to make wedding cakes. Since a wedding is a once in a lifetime thing (with the exception of Hollywood stars), we must make sure it is nothing short of perfect!

Anyway, this one was a bit smaller than the first one I made, so it wasn't as much work. Most of the time and effort went into making those two small hornbills! They're made of gumpaste so they're edible! It was very delicate and time-consuming.


I love the end product. The black and white cake tiers were an excellent setting for the red hornbills. My friend was happy with my handiwork and that was, in the end, the ultimate goal...

Related Posts with Thumbnails