Wednesday, September 9, 2009

PHD injection.

Annie just told me her PHD injection site still hurts. No, don't get all excited, it's not a new a drug from Pfizer which, when injected, makes your child's brain develop exponentially, hence enabling said child to obtain a PhD sometime after the third booster shot. Nope, quite unfortunately, there's no such thing on the pharmaceutical market yet...

Well, allow me to explain then.

A couple of weeks ago Annie got her BCG shot. She needed this because the shot she got when she was a baby did not result in a prominent enough scar. This means she still hasn't developed enough antibodies to fight the disease, hence another painful shot to the arm... poor thing.

Also, in school, her teachers have been teaching them about the different levels of academic qualifications, Eg. diploma, degree, and yes, PhD. Thus, ladies and gentlemen, the 'PHD injection' was concieved.

Anyway, after telling her, no, it's called BCG, not PHD, she then went on to ask me what the injection was for. I told her BCG was to prevent her from getting a sickness called TB (I think).

So, I'm not going to be surprised if she tells me tomorrow, "Mum, my TBG still hurts!" :)

Then I guess I'ld just have to sit her down and give her some TLC and maybe a BLT? and hopefully one day, she will bring home a PhD!


KEY:

TB : tuberculosis
BCG: boy chase girl
TLC: tender, loving care
BLT: bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich
PhD: parents spend a lot of money
Related Posts with Thumbnails