Friday, January 6, 2012

School starts


So school started on Wednesday. It was hard to wake up at 6am again, after more than a month of waking up at 9am!!

Actually, I had to wake up at 5:30 am to send Hubby to the airport!

Kids no.1, 2 and 3 did not have much problem waking up as they were excited to get to school and see their friends! Claire is no longer in kindy and was going over to Annie's school so it was a bigger change for her. Annie and Eva were still with their last year's classmates, so it was just back to business as usual.

Solomon however woke up with a mysterious pain in his ankle! It was a little suspicious, the convenient timing and all... Solomon was to go to Eva's school and start kindy, so it was a major change for him. I thought he might have been faking the limp to escape school!

But after some inspection, the ankle did indeed seem to be slightly swollen. So I let him stay home on the first day of school. Later that day at home, when he said he wanted to play the iPad, I tested him by asking him to come over to my room, and he crawled over! Hahaha! That confirmed that he was not faking! The poor boy...

So anyway, Claire settled in really well in her new class and I've been going over during their lunch break to make sure she's okay. Annie is being a good big sis and takes good care of Claire at school.

Solomon went to school the next day. It was the second day for most of the kids, but the first for Solomon. I was a bit worried that he would cry and cling, like Claire and Eva did, but he just sat down and waved me goodbye!!

I was a bundle of emotions! Happy that he did not cry and I did not have to attend kindergarten! Proud that my little boy was so independent! And sad at the same time, knowing that my baby had grown up and doesn't need Mommy anymore!! *sniff*

Oh yes, that day was also the day that Kuching flooded! There were many areas inundated by flash floods and Kuching practically came to a standstill that morning.There was also a tragedy  where a schoolgirl, on the way to school, fell into a storm drain and a man jumped in after her! He was just working at a petrol station nearby and didn't even know how to swim! Both of them were swept away. I do not know if they have found their bodies yet. It's really sad.

It was pouring bucket the night before and the rain just kept coming down relentlessly! By the time we set out for school, parts of the road we had to use were submerged.

Luckily I drive an Avanza, because it's quite elevated and safe from the waters. There were many cars parked by the roadside after breaking down. Many more were turning back! It was getting a bit scary, but we made it to school safely, albeit rather late!

Some schools had to close and it wasn't even king tide yet. I sure hope there isn't any more watery drama to come!!

Anyway, I'm pooped from playing school bus driver. It's a new schedule with more time on the road this year, so I hope I'll get used to it soon!

Happy schooling everyone! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails