Sunday, September 26, 2010

High speed chase

This morning, at around 8:58am, a very 'interesting' (I currently lack 'decent' adjectives to describe this curious experience!) thing happened! We were involved in a high speed car chase!!

Seriously!!

Okay, it wasn't really that high speed like in the cop shows on t.v. with drifting and all that, since the two cars involved was my 'mummy car' (an Avanza), and a wee little Perodua Viva. We were going maybe maximum 80km/h? :)    (bear in mind small road and plenty of traffic)

Alright, alright, I'll rewind a bit...



So, it's a Sunday, and Annie has ballet class at 9am. Hubby and I, along with Solomon pile into the car to send Annie for class. As we approach a T-junction and slow down to stop before entering the main road, an idiot (the kindest word I can think of at the moment) turns in from the main road. He turns too wide and cuts into our lane, so Hubby swerves to the left to avoid him. It is too late and he clips the rear end of our car and scratches the back door and bottom right bumper/mudguard whatever thingy.

And guess what???

Guess???

He keeps going!!!!!

We are in a bit of a shock and there I am still thinking maybe he didn't know he hit us? 'Cos I just cannot fathom how a person can just drive off after hitting another car! Like maybe the loud bang... scratch... and jarring impact somehow escaped him??!! Nope.. don't think so...

Thank God Hubby was with me, if it was just me, I think I would've just sat there, frozen in shock, not knowing what to do!

So anyway, Hubby swings the car around and goes after him. He honks his horn and there's no way the idiot doesn't know it's him we are after! And he keeps driving away!!

After going straight, he turns into another road. Hubby catches up with him and manages to cut him off with our car and he has no choice but to stop... for a while... then...

He turns his car around and drives off in the other direction!! Hubby is really 'hot' now and Annie's quiet at the back and sooo gonna be late for her ballet!! :)

After tailing him for a little distance more, Hubby decides to let him go. With us in the car, it's not worth driving recklessly to get to the idiot! I guess we have to put things in perspective and not, in the heat of the moment, cause even more damage!

I suppose it's a good thing we didn't get to him, 'cos I think Hubby would've started a fight, what with the superheated mood he was in!! And a confrontation would not be good news... I saw 2 men in front and am not sure if there were anymore behind. It would've been traumatizing for the kids to witness too! Luckily Hubby has the ability to maintain a level head in such a condition, where some people's minds would've overridden logic, whereas others still, like me, would've totally jammed!! :)

Well, at least the damage is not too bad... Just another scratch (pretty big though) to add to my collection!

If we thought the Malaysian police would actually do something (other than recording and filing) if we reported it, we would. But alas...

So if anyone sees QAT 790, a silver Perodua Viva, parked on the roadside or something, do me a favour and give it a good strong kick in the rear!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails