Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kampung Segong


On Sunday, we followed Sis no.3 and family up to Kampung (village) Segong. It is her colleague's kampung, and there is a nice stream there, just right for some dipping and catching small fishes. It is a 40 mins drive from town, and I was initially reluctant to go, as Hubby was not around, cos that meant that I would have to drive. I have never really driven long distance, since Hubby always chauffeurs me while I snore away! :)


However, Annie is obsessed with catching fish (like her mummy and her mummy's mummy!), and if I did not bring her, I would never hear the end of it! It also didn't help that Sis no.2 and family were spending the night at a beach. So, I had to either bring them to the kampung, or listen to, "No fair!" for the rest of the day...

The place is pleasant, clean and not overcrowded. Annie went straight to her fish catching while Claire and Solomon took a while to warm up. Eva however never warmed up and refused to sit on the stones, let alone go in the water! She stood up the whole entire time and wouldn't even sit on a towel I placed on a bench! Oh dear, she really needs training. When we go to a park, she sometimes even refuses to step on grass!


When the others started throwing stones into the water, she wanted to join in, but would not pick up the stones herself! Sidekick had to pick up the stones for her and wash them first, and only then would she hold them and throw them into the water!! In frustration, I forced her to sit, thinking that if her butt touched the stone, she would think that it was already 'contaminated' anyway and she might as well just remain sitting... but it only made her cry!! :)

Anyways, here are the rest of the pics:

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails