Monday, July 19, 2010

Eclipse-The Twilight Saga


Hubby and I went to watch Eclipse on Friday night, on my insistence of course. We went the week before without buying tickets ahead of time, so we ended up queuing for almost half an hour (the cinema's ticketing system was down!) only to find out that the tickets were sold out! On Friday, since the movie was a already week old, we had no problems getting seats.

However, halfway through the movie, the reel jammed and the film started burning and melting right in front of our eyes! I must say, neither Hubby nor I have ever experienced that before! They switched on the lights and the film guy (or whatever you call the guy sitting up in that small room) must have clipped off the burnt bits and taped it back together or something. After a while, they resumed the movie and only a small bit was left out. I always thought even cinema movies were digital nowadays.. hmmm....

Anyways, I didn't enjoy this third movie as much as the second. I think it must be because I didn't revise the books or watch the earlier movies beforehand to get myself into the silly, teenager-in-love mood! It was a pretty good movie with great special effects, thought the acting as usual, left much to be desired. But who needs great acting when you look as good as these kids eh? At least Taylor Lautner looks older this time, so ogling at him makes you feel less like a paedophile! hehehe...

Don't worry, I haven't changed allegiance; I'm still Team Edward! *swoon*  Though I wish he wouldn't look so pasty all the time... it's like the whole Cullen clan is using that 'bedak sejuk' thing! (a Malay traditional white, powdery paste applied to the face like a mask!)

Anyways, for the next movie, I'll make sure to do my revision first, that way, I can watch the movie in giggly, lovestruck-teenager mode. Yeah, that would definitely be more fun  ;)

So don't watch the movie while you're being a crabby, cynical adult and come up with 'intelligent'-sounding criticisms, cos movies are our Never Never Land; they're meant to be ridiculous and impossible! Otherwise, what's the point eh?
Related Posts with Thumbnails