Monday, February 1, 2010

Oyster buffet


*burp*

Man, last night we went to the Hilton for their "Oyster and Beef Buffet". It was a marvellously delicious spread of international dishes with something for everyone!

I unfortunately do not fancy oysters, sashimi, or generally anything that is raw. I prefer civilized, cooked food, thankyouverymuch. It does not even necessarily have to be thoroughly cooked, just a token singed outer layer for beef and salmon would do fine!

So anyway, I guess this buffet suited hubby more, because he ate 18 oysters!! I guess we got our money back right there! :P

There was a whole ice tower lined with fresh oysters, mussels and boiled prawns. Little Brother also managed to stuff in 14 oysters! His girlfriend, the two Grandpas, kids no. 1 through 4 and cousins Allyson and Michelle came along. The kids were not going near the oysters with a ten-foot pole, especially after watching Mr. Bean! hehehe...


The kids were bedazzled by the dessert table! They wolfed down their compulsory rice with soup then made a beeline for the sweets! There was ice-cream with a whole range of toppings, a sumptuous selection of cakes and puddings, marshmallows, gumdrops, lollipops...!! After many servings of dessert, Claire, Eva and Solomon became a little high and ended up running around in circles under the stairs! Oh yes, there was also a chocolate fondue fountain which got them pretty excited!


There was a whole lot of food, I must say. From prawn cocktails to mutton vindaloo, sushi and sashimi to pasta arrabiata. Oh yes, and the warm chocolate cake/pudding deserves special mention...

*sigh*...

Where was I? Oh yes, warm, soft, pudding-like chocolate cake slathered in velvety rich, thick chocolate sauce... I've got to try making something like it one of these days...

Buffet, yes. It was superb, most definitely. They charged RM59++, per person. It came up to around RM70 after the ++. It was worth it, in my opinion. Moreover, kids below 6 years of age eat free, so that covered 3/4 of my offspring already! Hehehe... For kids aged 6-9 years, it's half price.

Thank goodness Hubby and I went to the gym before stuffing our faces! I am proud to have done a whole hour of running on the treadmill. I did 4 miles (6km?) total. This is my second time ever on a treadmill! :) Unfortunately that whole hour of sweat and pain (blister on my little toe) only burned 250 calories!!! And later at the buffet that night, I must have eaten like what, oh, a gazillion calories??!! (likely more)

Well, never mind, it's not like we do this very often. Besides, with all the good, happy hormones flowing when we enjoyed all that yummy food, I think it neutralized all the bad effects of the execessive eating!

Dontcha think so?
Related Posts with Thumbnails