Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wheels of the bus


Yesterday was the first day of school. It was Eva's first day at kindergarten, so it was a new school for her. She's now at Claire che che's school, where the classes are much bigger compared to her playschool classes.

I promised to accompany her for the first 3 days. So now, I'm assistant teacher as well as school bus driver! One little boy keeps calling me "teacher"! :) They're all so cute. There's even a (what's the collective noun for triplets??) triad? of triplets in her class. There's one boy who has hair longer than mine or Eva's even! Another girl keeps sneaking off to the sink to play with water and a pair of friends ask to go to the toilet every 15 mins!

Anyway, today, the teacher told me to wait outside. I informed Eva before I went out, because I want to earn their trust. I also slipped her a sweet as a bribe! (She's crazy about sweets!) It worked for about 10 seconds, then she escaped out the door, crying and came to sit with me until the teacher hauled her in kicking and screaming!

After a while, she managed to climb up the shelf and force open one of the window louvres and screamed at me! This is why Grandma and Grandpa call her Osama the Terrorist!


I remember going through this with Claire! It's so stressful! Claire would just peer out of a gap in the window at me and weep mournfully! It was so heart-breaking!


Annie was the most independent. I could leave her alone from the first day of school. Even for play school, when she was only 2 years old. I think I stayed with her for 2 hours on the first day only.


*Sigh*... Solomon next...


So anyway, here's my 'school bus' schedule for these 3 days:

7:30am - send Annie to school
7:45am - send Claire and Eva to school
10:30am - bring Eva home
10:45am - pick up Solomon from home
11:00am - send Eva and Solomon to shop
12:.30pm - pick up Claire from school
3:00 pm - pick up Annie from school

Should get myself a bus driver uniform with a nifty cap eh?! :)





Related Posts with Thumbnails