Thursday, January 7, 2010

Avatar


A while ago, hubby and I went to watch Avatar. It's a movie by James Cameron, the same guy who made Titanic, so I guessed it was going to be a good one.

I was not disappointed. This is by far the best movie I've seen in quite some time, not that I've watched a lot of movies, but... you get the drift.

So anyway, the movie was way cool, with great special effects and computer graphics, or whatever modern technology movie magic they have nowadays.

We watched the 3D version because the normal one was showing a bit later, and we didn't have much 'escape' time! :) I actually prefer the normal versions, because I think the 3D effects don't make much of a difference and wearing the glasses makes everything a shade darker. Then if you take them off, everything is double-vision. The tickets are also grossly overpriced for 3D movies, in my opinion.


Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the movie. It's a fantastic, original plot with breath-taking scenery of an alien planet. I observed that they got a lot of inspiration from the undersea world when designing planet Pandora's vegetation. From the spiral shape of the plants, to the jellyfish-like movement of the floating seeds of the 'Ehwa' tree. Also, most of the plants and animals glow in the dark, much like the undersea world.

Yes, they definitely did a great job, especially with the gorgeous aerial views like the 'Hallelujah Floating Mountains'. I also love the majesty of the ginormous 'Home Tree', and the awesome scene where it came crashing down.

So, the point of this post is... if you haven't already, you must definitely make it a point to watch this movie while it's still on the big screen! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails