Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Moon is rising

On Saturday, I went to watch a movie all by myself! This is the first time I've done this. I used to think it would be pretty sad to go watch a movie alone, but it was great! You can really immerse yourself into the movie as if without a care in the world! (Especially without the non-stop babbling little ones! This wasn't a kid movie anyway.)

Hubby has done this a few times and said it was actually quite cool! He encouraged me to go when I mentioned that I wanted to watch 'New Moon' on the big screen. (Hubby's away and men will most likely detest this movie anyway; no kung-fu and more sexy men than sexy women!)

I didn't watch 'Twilight' at the cinema, and I found the movie rather crappy. So, I thought, maybe if I saw 'New Moon' on the big screen, it might add to the enjoyment of the movie. Moreover, since there are more special effects in this sequel, what with the hunky werewolves and all, I thought it would be much better savoured on the big screen.


So anyway, I really enjoyed the movie, only because I have read the whole 'Twilight'' series. Therefore, I am well versed on the backstory of all the characters and I know all the little details which you cannot portray in the film. Without all this, and especially without the understanding of the intensity of Bella and Edward's love, the movie would just seem downright corny!

Honestly, it was just a so-so movie with not-so-great acting, but, and this is a big but, it's 'Twilight' okay? Nothing any cranky old movie critic can say to condemn this movie will deter the millions of 'Twi-hards' from paying good money to watch it! AND... another two reasons this movie has broken all box office records is of course... Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner (or rather, Taylor Lautner's body).

Okay, this is a classic case of "a picture is worth a thousand words", so here:



FYI, I am Team Edward! :)

Well, whatever the case, I had a great time watching this movie. For two marvelous hours, I lost myself in the rainy town of Forks, Washington.
Related Posts with Thumbnails