Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Camera macro mode

On Saturday, Annie was invited to her classmate's birthday party. She lives at our condo, so the party was conveniently held at the poolside cafe downstairs. I thought this would be a good opportunity to bake some cupcakes and make them pretty, like the ones you see people putting on their blogs and facebooks. I've been itching to try my hand at cake decorating so this was a good excuse, I could make some for Annie to give to her friend.

I baked some chocolate chip cupcakes and frosted them with the ancient cream cheese sitting in my refrigerator. It still smelled okay... :) I was helped by my very capable assistants; Do, Re and Mi. (Their professional fee in the end was leftover cream cheese frosting piped directly into the mouth!)


Naturally, I had to take some photos of the hard work. I always wondered how people took such gorgeous close-up photos of food, which made them look so delicious. I thought you had to have one of those funky cameras which had lenses that looked more like the Hubble telescope! It was then that hubby introduced me to the 'macro' mode on the camera! Who would have known? I had the technology with me all along! No, I didn't read the manual that came with the camera. Too long. Too many languages. Too boring. (Sounds like 'Sejarah'- this pretty much explains my atrocious secondary school results!)


So anyway, halfway through the party, Annie brought a whole gang of her friends up to our unit! Attack of the sugar-propelled, hyper, pre-teens! Hubby, ever the clever one, locked himself in our room and promptly fell asleep. There was a plus side to this invasion though; I could now dispose of my leftover cupcakes, instead of having them sit in the fridge until they fossilized into potentially lethal projectiles! I remember, a long time ago, I had made rock-hard doughnuts. Dad used the phrase: "throw dog can die!" (direct translation from chinese, meaning: it's so hard, you could kill a dog if you threw one at him!)

Here's the reaction to,"Who wants cupcake?"

I let them put their own sprinkles and closed my eyes as the hundreds and thousands cascaded onto my dining table and floor... Then I let them have their cuppies, and without further delay announced, "My, it must be swimming time!"


They were gone in a puff! Even better, Claire and Eva went along, so I joined hubby for some well-deserved zzzzzzzz........

Related Posts with Thumbnails