Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Adventures of 2013

Hello Folks! Here I am, blogging from my car (a.k.a. My second home)!

So this year, Annie is in secondary school, whilst Claire and Eva are in primary school and Solomon is still in kindy. That means I have 3 different school time schedules to run, hence the "second home" thing!

Between the different school times and the kids' various extra-curricular activities, not to mention helping them with homework and studies, I find that I really haven't got much time to myself this year. It's funny, I always thought that when the kids reached primary school, I'ld have more time to myself, since they would be in school for more than half the day.

Boy was I mistaken! By the time the kids get home from school and tuition it would be evening. Just enough time to squeeze in homework and studies before bed!

So it seems, I have less time now. This is why I decided to give up my cake "business". Cake decorating is my hobby, and I started taking orders to challenge myself, to push myself further. But it got to a point where it was more stress than enjoyment. Being stressed out also made me impatient with the kids. So I decided the kids obviously came first. Thus no more cake orders. It was a little sad, like closing a chapter, but it did feel good at the same time! Like a burden was lifted! Lol! (drama mama)

And this blog. I was almost on the verge of closing it down too.

It used to be that I wanted to do everything! Squeeze every second out of life! I didn't want to be someone who only dreams but never does.

But I realized that in a whirlwind of "busy-ness" I couldn't give the best of me to my family. It was far from the best; more like the tired, grumpy, short-tempered me! Obviously family is priority, and I think kids need us the most at this young age. I had better enjoy my time with them before they become teenagers who prefer the company of the computer!!

Therefore, I am in the process of streamlining my life; pruning off excess branches which are not important and only compromise what is really important (i.e. time with family)

Well, about the blog, firstly I ran out of space. I had reached the limit of memory space given free by Blogger. Also, maintaining this blog did take up quite a bit of my time. I usually blogged when I was sitting at the shop for hours, bored out of my wits, waiting for customers.

However, since I spend most of my time ferrying the kids nowadays, I am barely at the shop! Hence, no time to blog!

But I am still blogging you say? Yes, I have decided to keep this blog, as I think it is too precious a trove of memories to discard or discontinue. The fact that Blogger suddenly decided to increase the amount of free memory space and also my discovery of an iPhone Blogger app sealed my decision!

So now I can blog easily from my phone in my car, in between trips. So it used to be that I blogged while waiting for customers, whereas now I blog while waiting for the kids!

You can expect plenty of rambling posts from me from now on!! (similar to this one)! Lol!

So next pruning activity? I just might finally close my pharmacy!?! More on that next time...


Related Posts with Thumbnails