Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Macarons!

SIL Feli and BIL Dylan came back from a Europe trip last week, and guess what they got us??!! (Besides holy water from Lourdes)

Real, genuine, Laduree macarons!!! *swoon*


Look at them, aren't they just gorgeous?? They looked too perfect to eat!! But we did, of course, eat them...
My favourite was the green, pistachio one... mmmm...

These are no ordinary macarons. These are the benchmark of macarons. They are from Laduree, an old bakery in Paris which claims to have invented macarons! People say that the best macarons in the world are from Laduree and Pierre Herme, both in Paris.

Now that I have tasted what real macarons are supposed to taste like, I am on a quest to make them!! Maybe during the coming school holiday when I have more time. *fingers crossed*. Macarons have a reputation for being the hardest pastry to make, which is why I have never dared try them before this.

However, these gorgeous little things are just so beautiful and taste so amazing, with such delicate flavours. So they will haunt my dreams until I try making them to get them out of my system!! hahaha

Thanks BIL and SIL for the wonderful treat and carrying them all the way back for us!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails