Saturday, October 16, 2010

Birthday week

My apologies for not writing for a while, for the past 3-4 weeks, kids nos. 2, 3 and 4 and myself included, have been sick. Can you believe it, we were each sick twice, meaning we got sick, then better, then sick again, all at different times! So it's been fever monitoring and medicines dispensing the past few weeks, without pause... one person would get better, only to pass it on to the next!

Unbelievable... Right now it's Claire's turn to be feverish with a throat infection...

Well, anyway, other than this 'passing-the-virus-relay-marathon-thing', I've had a fabulous birthday week:

It started last Saturday; Hubby brought me for a lovely, romantic steak dinner sans kids (all dumped at Kung Kung's!) :)


Then Sunday we went for a dolphin-spotting cruise which I will write more about in the next post. (just so happened no one was sick that day, I can't recall, either Claire or Eva had just recovered, and Solomon got feverish the next day!)

Then they serenaded me with the birthday song at Kung Kung's house later that night, and I got a yummy chocolate cheesecake.



Monday was my actual birthday and Hubby left for Bintulu early in the morning. Sis no.2 and Jinny and Cynthia brought me and Dad out for lunch at Secret Recipe and I got another cake! A fresh, creamy, mango one...

Did you know you can eat for free at Secret Recipe on your birthday? Any meal and selected drink! So of course I chose the most expensive; the Irish lamb shank!! hehehe...



Then Sis no.3 sent me a lovely bunch of happy, colourful gerberas! So sweet of her, she knows I adore flowers...



On Tuesday, another bouquet of flowers came! Hubby forgot to get them delivered the day before! :) I'm not complaining! They were gorgeous purple roses with a type of two-toned flower which look a little like carnations, except much prettier. Carnations look too fake...


Then yesterday, Friday, was Jinny's birthday, so we had a wonderful lunch at her house to celebrate hers, mine, Sis no 2's and Kelly's birthday! We are all October babies. Many thanks to Cynthia and Ai Lin, the generous organizers!


The food was marvellous! There were Thai and Cambodian dishes bursting with flavour, prepared with love by the very talented Ai Lin.


*Phew*... 

What a jam packed birthday week! I feel truly blessed to be around loving family and friends...

Thank you everyone!!
xoxo
Related Posts with Thumbnails