Wednesday, May 5, 2010

disaster magnet

I am right now full of negative energy!

*sigh*

Just found out that one of my staff has been stealing money from the cash register. I suppose it is also my fault, for trusting them too much and not checking the paperwork thoroughly. By the time I realized what she was doing, she had already pilfered more than RM1000 over the past few months.

This has happened before, many years ago. The last time one of my staff did this, I closed one eye and gave her another chance. I improved the cash handling procedures and also installed a CCTV system. She has since become my most trusted and efficient worker and has been with me the longest.

Well anyway, this time round, I got really 'hot', because I confronted this other girl and she made up more stories! So, I fired her on the spot and now I'm left short-staffed and will have to stay at the shop until closing time myself! I could have lodged a police report if I wanted, but I don't think it's necessary to go that far.

I've already faxed a vacancy ad to the newspapers, so hopefully I'll get a replacement soon!

I must get rid of this negative chi, otherwise I'll attract more disasters! I think it started yesterday, when Annie dropped an envelope containing RM255 for her Kumon tuition fees! We went back to look for it but it was gone! Gone with the wind...

Or maybe it started when Hubby lost his BB. If so, and if it's true what they say, that bad things happen in threes, then hopefully this streak of bad luck is over.

Okay, it's just money. I'm happy and blessed that all my loved ones are safe and healthy! I'm grateful that the current protest in Papua New Guinea (where Hubby is right now) is a peaceful one and not like the 2009 anti-Chinese one!! *shudder*

Kids no.1 and 4 are sick now, but I'm grateful it's just a seasonal flu thing and that my kids are all basically healthy, smart and able-bodied.

I'll count my blessings...
Related Posts with Thumbnails